[FIGURES] FUNKO POP! The fifth element.





The Fifth Element is one of my favourites 90s movies for various reasons. First of all, it's an action movie; second, it's a scifi movie; third it's also funny and fourth and the most important reasons of them all, Bruce Willis. 
And we all know that the last four or five years Funko POP! have been very trendy, I'm not a lot into trends but I'm a lot into nerdy stuff and if you give me a vinyl figure plus a 90s movie that I love, I need to have it. 




El Quinto Elemento es una de mis películas favoritas de los 90 por varias razones. Primero, es una película de acción; segundo, es de ciencia ficción; tercero, tiene humor y cuarto y la más importante de las razones, Bruce Willis.
Y todos sabemos que los últimos cuatro o cinco años Funko POP! han estado bastante de moda, a mi no me va eso de las modas pero me gustan las frikadas y si me das una figura de vinilo y una película de los 90 que me gusta, lo necesito.





Here are all of the figures I have, I'm still missing one but I don't know if I'll be able to find it. 



Aquí están todas las figuras que tengo, todavía me falta una pero no sé si la encontraré. 




This one's my favourite character because as I said, Bruce Willis, I'm so sorry but I'm in love with Bruce Willis in almost every single 90s movie he had made so I'm biased to no extent. I'm not a big fan of his blonde hair but to be honest I don't even care that much about it. Korben Dallas is perfect. 



Este es mi personaje favorito porque como ya he dicho, Bruce Willis, lo siento pero estoy enamorada de Bruce Willis en casi todas sus películas de los 90, no soy imparcial de ningún modo. No me gusta demasiado su pelo rubio pero para ser sincera no me importa demasiado. Korben Dallas es perfecto. 









This is Leeloo, another character I love, I'm missing the other figure with the different costume, the one with the metallic leggings, the white crop top, the orange suspenders and the multi pass. I wanted to cosplay her this year for the Salón del Manga de Barcelona, but I don't think I'll have time to do it. 
She was really cool in the movie because she was a strong female character but was still feminine and vulnerable and that was okay, she still had to be saved by the male character and he also had to be saved by her. See? There's nothing wrong with being a strong independent female and still be helped by a male. 


Esta es Leelo, otro personaje que me gusta, me falta la otra figura con la ropa diferente, la que lleva los leggings metálicos, la camiseta blanca, los tirantes naranjas y el multi pase. Quería hacer su cosplay este año para el Salón del Manga de Barcelona, pero no creo que tenga tiempo para hacerlo. 
Ella era genial en la película porque era un personaje femenino fuerte pero aún así era femenina y vulnerable y eso estaba bien, aún así tenía que ser salvada por el personaje masculino y él por ella. ¿Ves? No hay nada de malo en ser una mujer fuerte e independiente y aún así necesitar ayuda de un hombre. 










Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg, also known as the bad guy, portrayed by Gary Oldman, another of my favourite actors. I always thought he was one of those pitiful bad guys that was somehow endearing but you still hated him. I like how they did the weird hairstyle on the figure, that reminds me that scene on the movie where he was sweating some kind of dark fluid, which was quite disgusting. 


Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg, también conocido como el malo, interpretado por Gary Oldman, otro de mis actores favoritos. Siempre he pensado que era uno de esos malos de película bastante penoso pero de alguna forma entrañable pero que odiabas de todas formas. Me gusta como han hecho el peinado extraño en la figura, me recuerda a la escena en la que está sudando algún extraño fluido viscoso de color oscuro, lo cual me parecía bastante asqueroso. 








Ruby Rhod, he would be my favourite character if Korben Dallas wasn't in the movie. He was very ambiguous and funny and I just fucking love how weird his outfits were. The figure is not bad although I think the mic par could have been better. Let's face it, Pop figures are not that great in general. But they are cute. 


Ruby Rhod, él sería mi personaje favorito si no estuviera Korben Dallas. Era muy ambiguo y divertido I me encantaban lo raros que eran sus trajes. La figura no está mal pero creo que la parte del micro debería estar mejor hecha. Admitámoslo, las figuras Pop no son demasiado buenas en general. Pero son monas. 










A Mangalore, one of the other bad guys, I think there's some detail missing on this figure, I can't put my finger on it. Although they were the bad guys they were so stupid that you had to like them. They were fucking ugly though, no excuses about that. 


Un Mangalore, otro de los malos, creo que le faltan detalles a la figura, aunque no sé exactamente qué. Aunque eran los malos eran tan tontos que te tenían que gustar. Aunque eran muy feos, sin excusas. 









The last figure I've got it the great Diva Plavalaguna, okay, she wasn't a big character in the movie, she appeared only for a while but it was an important character for a few reasons. One, the song, I love the song the character sang, and two, she had the rocks inside her. I think the design of the character was really cool and if I had enough time (and didn't mind to paint my whole face blue) I would love to cosplay her at some point. The figure again is maybe too simple but I still think she looks pretty cool for what it is. 



La última figura que tengo es la gran Diva Plavalaguna, vale, no era un gran personaje en la película, aparecía durante un tiempo muy corto pero era un personaje importante por dos razones. Una, la canción, me encanta la canción que canta este personaje, y dos, ella tenía las piedras dentro. Creo que el diseño del personaje es genial y si tuviese tiempo suficiente (y no me importase pintarme toda la casa de azul) me encantaría hacerme el cosplay en algún momento. La figura de nuevo es muy simple pero creo que está bastante bien para lo que es. 

GuardarGuardar

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

Visitas

Twitter Updates

Song of the month