[Random Life] Richard III




Hey There! It's been a very cultural month for me, I guess I'm just trying to do all those thing I've never been able to do in London because either I didn't have money or time. Now I have just a little bit of both but I'm trying to make the best of it, and if can't eat for a month, oh well, I guess I can survive with chips and milk, right?

Since I've been in London this summer I saw on the tube and a couple of places Martin Freeman face, very colorful, and with big letters the name of the play 'Richard III'. I always see that kind of stuff and I always think, I would like to see that, but I never take the next step, most of the time thinking, nah, too expensive. But this time I thought, why not, let's give it a try, and on the spur of the moment I bought the tickets, second row, close to the stage, and I have to say, even if it was expensive, it was the best thing to do. Let's face it, when will I have the opportunity to see Martin Freeman so close again? And I'm not talking about stalking Sherlock's cast when they start to record the new season, which I'm probably going to do... And I love Shakespeare, I really like it, A midsummer night's dream is still my fave one but I'm open to suggestions, so I did it, I bought the ticket, I went alone for the first time in my life to the theater, and even if I had to pee in that small toilet and my back hurt like hell 'cause the seat were a torture, I must say I loved the play.
Yes, it was a bit hard to understand, I'll admit Shakespeare's plays are hard to understand even when you read them but when you listen to British actors play Richard III you better pay attention carefully or you'll miss it. It was funny, it was very interesting and it was amazing.

Photo: dailymail

I'm not going to say that Martin Freeman was the best thing because that would be stupid, I mean, yeah, he was Richard III and he was great, but the whole cast was amazing. The play had a 70s setting and the costumes where great, the effects, the music, everything was just perfect. To the people of the first three rows they lend us some black t-shirts because there was going to be some blood on the second act, but it was minimum and on the other side so I didn't have the chance to get even one drop of fake blood.
I don't have a lot to say, it just amazed me, the whole thing, everything and to be honest I was a bit scared of hating Martin Freeman on that role, I was afraid he was going to be Watson playing Richard III, but I was wrong, he was just Richard, although I have to admit that watching the tv show in spanish also helps a bit.
So, all in all, I had an awesome time and if I was a millionaire I would see the play a couple of times more. But I'm not, so I'll just replay it on my mind. That's free.


0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

Visitas

Twitter Updates

Song of the month