[Books] Amor contra Roma


Hey there! Today I'm bringing you a spanish book from an author I really like. A couple of years ago I read 'El cátaro imperfecto' and last year I had to read his new book, not just because I think he's a great person and an amazing writer but also because I love mostly everything that has anything to do with ancient Rome, or ancient civilizations in general. The book is 'Amor contra Roma' by Victor Amela and as you can see I'm a bit delayed on the book reviews, yay, it looks almost as if I read faster than I review, I'm such a mess.
About this book I have to say that even though the title didn't make me all excited because I'm not into romantic books unless they're really, really, cool and awesome or I like the female character or there's no female character involved, that said, I still liked this book. Yes it has some love in it but that's not the main thing or at least not in the usual way. What I loved the most was all the complots that were going on, the way every character was related somehow to the others.
As I said, even though there's love involved, I think the main thing most characters love is power. They would do everything to maintain their spot on the head of the government and try to get rid of anything or anyone who threatens their authority and their spot. I love the whole kind of 'feminist' flare that the book has and also the 'artsy' part of it.
If you're into roman history you must read this.






Hola! Hoy os traigo un libro español de un autor que me gusta mucho. Hará un  par de años leí 'El cátaro imperfecto "y el año pasado tuve que leer su nuevo libro, no sólo porque creo que es una gran persona y un escritor increíble, pero también porque me encanta en su mayoría todo lo que tenga que ver con la antigua Roma, o las civilizaciones antiguas en general. El libro es 'Amor contra Roma' de Víctor Amela y como se puede ver estoy un poco atrasadilla con las reseñas de libros, yay, parece casi que lea más rápido de lo que escribo reviews, soy un desastre.Acerca de este libro tengo que decir que a pesar de que el título no me volvió loca porque no me van mucho los libros románticos a menos que sean muy, muy cool e impresionantes o me guste el personaje femenino o no haya personaje femenino involucrado , dicho esto, aún así me gustó este libro. Sí, hay un poco de amor en él, pero eso no es lo más importante, o al menos no de la manera habitual. Lo que más me gustó fueron todos los complots que iban ocurriendo, cada personaje se relaciona de alguna manera con los demás.Como ya he dicho, a pesar de que hay amor involucrado, creo que lo que más aman la mayoría de los personajes es el poder. Harían todo lo posible para mantener su lugar en la cabeza del gobierno y tratar de deshacerse de cualquier cosa o cualquier persona que amenaza su autoridad y su puesto. Me encanta toda ese toque "feminista" que el libro tiene y también la parte "artística" del mismo.Si te gusta la historia romana debes leer este libro. 



0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

Visitas

Twitter Updates

Song of the month