[BOOKS] Harry Potter and the cursed child. (Slight Spoilers)




Hey there! Usually when there's something new about Harry Potter I cringe, why? Because who knows if Rowling is going to fuck up the fandom as she did when suddenly Harry and Ginny got together? Yeah, sorry Rowling, but I'll never forgive you for that.
So, just like when I heard about the new movie, when I heard about this book/play I was scared and I'm not going to lie, I didn't have high expectations for this, but looks like Rowling didn't write this, I might be wrong though, but that's very unlikely.
May I dare to say I was wrong? No. Thankfully it wasn't as bad as I expected but it was almost like readying fanfiction.
It wasn't bad, that's true, but I read better fanfiction and Ginny wasn't in it, which made it even better.
The story wasn't bad, it was good, although I must say time travel is always a mess and I'm sure there were a lot of things that were wrong, but that's not important, one can't never be right with time travel.
This book made me really anxious, just like a couple of other Harry Potter books, why? First of all, I hate when I see something bad coming, even though I know it's going to get fixed at the end, but knowing it's going to happen makes me anxious and knowing who is the bad guy/gal when they appear the first time doesn't help at all. I can't be the only one that knew who the baddie was from the fucking beginning, right?

What I liked about this book: 
The relationship between Albus and Scorpius, come on girl, don't say it's friendship, we all know they're going to end up together if you have the guts to make it happen. Don't do the same you did with Dumbledore, no need for closets here.
Second, Draco and Harry, I just ignored Ginny, they became friends. Let me tell you this, Ginny, now that they're friends that's going to develop into something else and they're going to fuck like bunnies behind your back. Just saying. Of course that won't happen because again, too afraid to make a main character openly gay or bi. A lot of the 'tumblr people' would love it, make them genderfluid, nonbinary and some other bullshit and they'll worship you. Don't do it, please. But the gay or bi thing, that would be cool.
Ron, he's just Ron, he's cool.

What I hated about this book: 
You can see Albus and Scorpius are going to fuck everything up from the beginning, you see it coming clearly.
Actually the whole book is very predictable, not that it's not enjoyable anyway but it makes me want to finish it asap, and that's what I actually did.
Most of the time Harry is an asshole, not that he was great back then but he was a teenager, understandable.
Ginny, I just hate her, not even slightly sorry.

In general, if you're not a Potterhead, forget about it, it's not as good as to interest people that doesn't belong to the fandom.
But if you are, buy it, read it, go see the play if you can, which is very difficult at the moment, but whatever. As a collector I'm going to buy the book, I got the ebook and now I need the real thing, not because it's amazing but because it's Harry Potter and I'm weak.
A small note on the side about the 'black Hermione', I complained when they casted Daniel Radcliffe because he didn't have green eyes, so, honestly, I don't understand why Hermione is black, doesn't make any sense and most of the time I like my plays/movies to be very accurate to the book, I can make exceptions with comics because that world is crazy and they don't know the meaning of continuity, but on books, that's different, whenever I go to watch a movie that's based on a book I go crazy, literally, I complain all the fucking time. This case wouldn't be different, but of course, none wants to be called a racist, I would complain anyway if Hermione was a white girl with straight blond hair, that's just not Hermione. It would be like having Blade or Shaft be a white guy, nope, just nope.  SJW, need to chill out.
Btw, I saw the rest of the cast and I'm not going to comment because I could complain about almost every one of them. I'm such a bitch.


 Mischief managed
GuardarGuardarGuardar

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

Visitas

Twitter Updates

Song of the month